Currently loving: MAC Hue and Urban Decay Naked Palette



Hello lovelies! As part of rediscovering old products in order to not spend any money, I've been unearthing some gems. We went out for a joint family meal with a few friends the other night, and I decided to put on of these rediscoveries into good use, combining it with another old favourite.

The product I'm talking about is MAC Hue lipstick. It's one of those shades that seems to flatter every skin tone, a milky pink-nude, in glaze formula. Normally I go for a more pigmented option, but this is just so gorgeously wearable and easy to throw on. It goes with anything, is pretty moisturising and overall plain lovely.

My second favourite has been a staple in my makeup bag ever since I bought it last summer. Everyone always raves about the Urban Decay Naked Palette - I resisted for ages. £35 seemed like a lot to spend on eyeshadow (these were my dark, pre-eyeshadow obsessive days). So when I saw it on hq hair with 25% off I couldn't resist, and I haven't been without it since! Every single colour is so pigmented, buttery soft, and easily blendable, and I especially love the mixture between matte and shimmery - I tend to go for either a nude or smokey eye, and this palette caters to both of these! The only down side is that the packaging attracts so much dirt - as you can see.

I used Toasted all over the lid before applying Hustle in the crease to create a darker smokey effect, with Sin as a brow highlight. It's a combination I'm loving at the moment, I think it's very autumnal (I know it's winter now but lets be honest, no snow = no winter). I used my Real Techniques eyeshadow brushes, but that's for another post - I got these for a bargaineous price and all I will say for now is that they are flipping amazing!




 This part of winter is the absolute worst - no festive season to look forward to, just cold weather and rain! However, on the plus side, a new season of Take Me Out has begun, taking up my Saturday evenings/Sunday's for as long as I hope it goes on for. I'm currently watching The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which is amazing - absolutely hilarious, and it's got Maggie Smith in it too! Hope you're all having a good week so far and haven't got the back-to-work blues too badly, I have uni to look forward to next week which I'm so excited for, I can't wait to get back! 

Labels: , , , , ,