Miners The Matte Factor Lip Paint

Wearing 'Hot Pink' on a night out


Hey lovelies! Hope you all had a good weekend – mine was spent watching Friends (never seen it before, on Season 6 and cannot get enough...I've been seriously missing out!!), packing and making the journey back to Uni! For some reason we seemed to start our holidays 2 weeks after everyone else this year?

Today I wanted to talk about a product I got a few weeks ago, the Miners Matte Factor Lip Paint in Hot Pink. I'll admit, I don't usually go for the bright lip look. Sometimes I will venture into the world of oranges and corals, or choose a darker shade for the evening. But more often than not, I like to stick to a fairly subdued palette and play up my eyes instead. So when I got this in my Cosmo goody bag, I was a little apprehensive and thought “well it's a good thing it was free because I won't get a lot of use out of this!”. Silly me, I couldn't have been more wrong.

A bright fuschia shade, I was most intrigued by the fact that this is a matte lip paint. Ever since Collection 2000 released their Cream Puff lip paints, I've wanted to give something like this a go but never seemed to get round to it. Miners describe this as a "liquid lipstick", giving a "gorgeous matte, velveteen finish", which I absolutely agree with. The doe foot applicator makes applying this a dream, it goes on very smoothly and is in fact quite moisturising – which I was surprised about for a matte product. But the main event is the stunning colour. Be warned ladies: with liberal application, it is very bright! A very vibrant, cool toned pink and a definite party colour. Blot it down a bit and you actually have a pretty, much more subtle shade which wouldn't look out of place during the day. The wear time is ridiculous: I wore it on a night out and only had to reapply out of habit rather than necessity – my sister wore it also and on zero touch ups, it had faded only a little by the end of the night...pretty impressive!

Miners isn't a brand I had ever heard of before, and I don't think I've ever seen it on the high street but you can buy it online from their store. I'm sold and will be purchasing a few more of these little lip paints...there doesn't seem to be a massive colour range online, but Cappucino has definitely caught my eye...
  

Labels: , , ,