Sunday Post | Gaining Focus

 photo SundayPostLifestyle_zpsmncai9pf.jpg This week has been one in which I've done a lot of thinking, which you might be able to tell from the rambly nature of today's post! Having finished uni this year, and having now also finished my internship in Barcelona, I'm at a bit of a loose end as to what to do next and so the last few days have been dedicated to really thinking about things and figuring out my options. I'm one for having no plans: I always do things last minute, am often late (hi to any future employers!), and generally do things with the flow rather than having a fixed idea of how I'm gonna do them. Having said that, having absolutely no clue, no direction, not even a hint of a plan does also freak me out a bit. I'm not talking about knowing where I want to be in 5 years time, as I'm a strong believer in taking life as it comes and accepting that things change and personalities change. But having ambition is important to me, and it can be hard to maintain that ambition if you aren't sure what exactly it is you're aiming for. 

Writing has always, is now, and will always be a passion for me and a huge part of my life. It's what I have always wanted to do, in some shape or form, and is definitely where I will keep my focus. I guess it's just a case of trying out different things, which I'm sure is something the majority of recent graduates come up against (please tell me this is the case!). In times like this, I find it really helps to just get outside, go for a walk, get some fresh air and hopefully, some perspective and inspiration and I think that since the beginning of the week, this has definitely happened for me and whilst not totally on track I'm feeling a lot more confident about things and more focussed too.

I'm not sure where this is going, it's literally been a straight from thought to keyboard process and I'm not going to edit it now so it may not make a lot of sense, but getting things into writing can be so helpful even if this doesn't produce the most perfectly edited blog post. If you've made it this far, congratulations and thanks for sticking with me!

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend!



Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

Labels: , ,